Paul Lowe is best known to his fans as Sweet Paul, the name of his always-inspiring style blog. On his site, he describes himself as a "food and prop stylist and crafter who packed his Louis and moved from Oslo to New York to live and love." Paul's site covers everything from food, to craft projects, to design objects that caught his eye. And if that weren't enough, he recently launched a digital magazine that is every bit as well-curated and styled as anything on the newsstands today. The fall edition comes out September 10. Here, Paul--a man of view words, at least for this Q&A--shares his thoughts on entertaining.
1. Name, occupation, and city
Paul Lowe, stylist and editor-in-chief of Sweet Paul magazine.
2. When was the last time you threw a dinner party, and who was invited?
One week ago. Had 3 friends over for a Friday night dinner.
3. What is the best menu you've ever made for company?
My maple and apricot roasted chicken is always a smash hit.
4. What's your preference: wine, beer, cocktails?
Cocktails. My fave right now is Pimms.
5. What's your favorite dinner party soundtrack?
Something smooth like jazz. Not loud.
6. Some friends are coming over for a last-minute dinner. What do you make?
Beef salad with avocado, feta cheese, grilled corn, and balsamic. Takes me 10 minutes to make.
7. Do you usually cook everything yourself, or do you have help?
8. Do you ever buy store-bought food, or is everything on your table made from scratch?
All from scratch.
9. What do you like to serve for dessert?
Right now I'm all about rhubarb and strawberry crumbles with homemade vanilla gelato.
10. If you could invite anyone over for dinner (living or dead), who would it be?
Marie Antoinette, Donna Hay, Tim Gunn and my friend Frances Janisch.
[Photo: Courtesy of Paul Lowe]